McGraw-Hill published this project of mine. Mike Egan is a client for my ghostwriting services. I interviewed him in 2010 for many, many hours, transcribing his incredible insights and weaving them into an interesting read.
McGraw-Hill reported $6.2 billion in sales last year. Here is more from the publisher:
Is Social Security about to collapse? (No.) Is Wall Street totally corrupt? (Nope.) Did the government bailouts benefit only “insiders”? (Absolutely not.)Is the American Dream dead? (Not on your life.)
Myths, misconceptions, and misinformation perpetuated by politicians, the media, and other self-interested parties can have a devastating effect on your retirement portfolio. After all, if you’re working with the wrong information, how can you make the right investing decisions?
Mike Egan, a financial advisor for both individuals and corporations, has worked on Wall Street for more than 20 years. He handles millions of dollars at a time. He knows how it all works—and he’s here to tell you that a lot of what you hear just isn’t true.
In Your Stronger Financial Future, Egan busts the most powerful myths that are affecting your retirement plans and provides simple but highly effective strategies you can use to start turning your portfolio around today. Egan’s eight retirement-investing maxims include:
- Count on Social Security—but make it only part of your overall plan
- Identify the inflation-adjusted amount you need at retirement
- Get a licensed financial advisor who really understands Wall Street
- Maintain your own personal “bailout fund”
- Build savings rather than accrue debt
- Use annuities to account for longevity and healthcare